Skip to main content

One Day at a Time: Fibro Madness

One day at a time....everyday is a new opportunity for me to beat the "Fibro Madness" by just simply gettig up and taking  a step I am besting the odds that are against me. I pray to God to give me a release and I am trusting that he will.  I have no greater desire than to not feel pain over the my body.  I went to the doctor recently and reminded that I had Chronic Anemia and was informed that a I was going to need to have some iron due to the fact that my levels were LOW.  Well due to my condition, I can not take iron by mouth because of the side effects that make me ill.  So, I have to do Iron Infusions that usually last 3-4 hours.   On the past two Friday's I have had to spend my days at the hematology clinic getting iron infusions. Lot of think to think and pray and sleep....As I am thinking, I ask why I am I here....I see some very sick people while I sit and go through the process.  Some are like me others are dealing with the big "C" and getting Chemotherapy.... The last time I was there I decided that I was going to research and see if there was any connection between Iron Deficiency and Fibromyalgia.  And who would of guessed the findingings....yes yes, there is a connection.  See below some of the information that I found on how persons with Fibromyalgia can not absorb iron properly in the body. see insert below

Fibromyalgia Overview

Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain disorder that is characterized by pain in the muscles and connective tissue, tender spots all over the body and a general feeling of fatigue. While experts are still unsure of what exactly causes fibromyalgia, it is believed to primarily be a disorder of pain processing -- people with fibromyalgia may feel the sensation of pain more acutely than others. Fibromyalgia is more common in women than in men, and while it is a chronic condition it is not life-threatening or degenerative, so many people successfully manage it and life a normal life. Many people manage fibromyalgia with supplements, pain relieving medications and drugs that address their specific symptoms.


Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/444738-fibromyalgia-nutrition-deficiencies/#ixzz1yd166xjg

Fibromyalgia and Iron

Iron deficiency is associated with disorders like anemia, but because iron plays a role in how neurotransmitters in our brain transfer information, research has sought to find if there is a connection between iron levels and fibromyalgia symptoms. In a study published in the "European Journal of Clinical Nutrition" in March 2010, researchers found that women who had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia had a lower level of iron in their bloodstream than women who had not. Because of that result, the researchers suggested that perhaps iron's role in our brain's production and usage of chemicals like seratonin and dopamine could play a part in developing fibromyalgia. More research is needed, but you may wish to speak with your physician about evaluating your iron levels.


Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/444738-fibromyalgia-nutrition-deficiencies/#ixzz1yd0Gcew6

So you see, I have learned a lot to help me to better understand some of the things that are going on in my body. 

I have also learned to do the things that inspire me along with pacing myself and not doing to much that it causes me undo stress and extra pain.( as of this date, 6-23-12 there is not a time that I am out of pain, but "I believe" that things are going to change for me)
In the following slides that I have added have been some of my latest works that insipre along with my support system of family and friends.  I thank God for my family and my life and the opportunity that has been given to me,  A strong woman of God, a big sister, a wife, a mother, helper to others(Social Worker) and a Photographer....This is one of the best places for me( behind the Lens)   I wish I had developed the skills sooner, better later than never  ........ I have a camera with me just about every where that I go looking for the next great shot or the opportunity to capture the moments in time.... (random shots taken over the past few months)


Lighting inside of our Hotel while on Family Vacation in Texas

Things are bigger in Texas.....The largest Capital in the U.S.  Austin Texas

My nieces where there as well....good to see family

One of my favorite shots of a Sweet lil Diva Girl!!!

The Two Rivers Bridge-Little Rock, Arkansas

Mother's Day Note from the Grand Kids......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All is well: Fibro does not Win...My Story Untold

Give it to him!!!!!! Life is Good at the Beach ( Casting all my Cares to the Lord) Casting all my cares to him because he cares for me.... My angels " Gabby and Kayla Captures for the Ocean: Sea Shells He was enjoying the Beach as Well: Early morning walks with his master, not a care in the world More Sea Shells from the Ocean! Others on the Morning Stroll of the Shore line At the Arquarium{Ripley's} I see you looking at me! One of our places that we visited while in Myrtle Beach..... Me having a little fun in the Mouth of the Oyster Display! The Ferris Wheel{AKA SkyWheel...due to the height and size.....} Sea shells Everywhere!!!!! Together for 4-ever......even miles away we are always connected! All is Well, if I must say so my self.    I am back home from my much needed vacation.  It was a good time of refreshing....I was able to see a lot and do somethings that I wanted to.  I appreciate the

Vlog:Fibromyalgia Awareness- Living With Fibromyalgia

Vlog: Living with Chronic pain It a Journey, but still I smile. God give me strength on a daily basis. This is my first time doing a video on my journey of living with Fibromyalgia..I am thinking that maybe if I verbally share that O might have a greater impact on bringing awareness to the struggle that goes along with this condition. As this is an invisible illness that many times goes untreated and unrecognized. We have to find a cute and this will only come through education. What had been your experiences and how have you had to deal with the Ill ness? What modifications have you had to make?

Faithful Friday!!!!

It's Friday, the end of a long week.  Although it has been long, I so look forward to the end of the week.  I like the idea that I do not have to be anywhere at a certain on most Saturdays  and can just move at my own pace.   Today, I will continue to recover at home and try to get over the issues of bronchititis and try to feel better for the upcoming week.  It is bad that one has to stress over how the next week will be even though it is several days away, but that is what I deal with.  I am  looking foward to the day that I can be just like other people and live without worry of physical discomfort. I am working on my faith in an attempt to see that my latter days will be greater than my past.  It is something to look foward to change and it seems that the days will never come.   I am so Glad that I have a relationship with God that constantly gives me strength to help me self not to go in depression.   I know that there are others like me that want throw in the towel.   I d